This post is a quick and simple way of converting your own Psychic Hood. This is great for when yor converting your own Librarian or maybe even a Rune Priest.
First you will need:
* Round File
* Hobby Knife
* Plain Space Marine Shoulder Pad
1) First of all you need make incisions on either side of the top rectangle shape on the rim of the shoulder pad and above either side of the bottom of the pad, like this.
2) Cut the two flaps off that you made the incision in. This is a bit tricky but make sure you dont’ bend the top bit and the two sides on the bottom.
3) File the area you just cut off with a round sided file until smooth and even. You might want to use the hobby knife again to scrape of the bits the file can’t get to/
4) Then you are done all you have to do know is glue it onto the top of the torso behind the head. This is important you need to scrape away the collar on the top of the torso so the hood will fit. It will look like this.
I hope you found this tutorial useful. Next post will be pictures from Games Day Australia 2011. I can’t wait to take lots of pictures and when I sort them all out I will post them.
Here is a project that I have been working on recently. My WIP Rune Priest. I have converted it using some spare bits from my bits box like the hand was from the Sanguinary Guard Box and the normal backpack, the rest are from the Space Wolves Pack. I hope you like it, here are some pictures.
The Psychic Hood was made from a plain Space Marine Shoulder Pad. I will post a tutorial on how to do it later on. Leave a comment below and be sure to follow me on Twitter @TheFang40k.